These are electricity retailers that are not linked to any power generation company. Unlike electricity generation companies, independent retailers hedge their risk on the Electricity Futures market. Their entry encourages market competition and keeps electricity rates competitive. Examples include Best Electricity Supply, Charis Electric, Sunseap Energy and Red Dot Power.
Articles in this section
- What do generation companies do?
- What are electricity retailers and what do they do?
- What are independent retailers?
- Who is eligible to contract for electricity online via ELECTRIFY.SG?
- Will my electricity supply be affected when I contract with or switch retailers?
- Do I need to change the electricity meter for my business?
- Currently we receive one bill with electricity, water and refuse removal charges from SP Services. What will happen after we switch to an electricity retailer?
- What is an electricity tariff?
- Why do electricity retailers have different plans?
- Will I still be contestable if my average monthly consumption subsequently falls below the prevailing consumption threshold?