As the meters are owned by SP PowerAssets, you may contact SP PowerGrid at 1800 778 8888 to perform a meter test. There will be a charge of S$80 (before GST) payable before every test, and this amount is fully refundable if the meter is tested to be faulty.
Articles in this section
- If I am a contestable consumer, how long does it take for me to switch from my current electricity retailer to another retailer?
- Can I switch back to SP after my contract with my electricity retailer ends?
- What happens after I sign up for a power plan through ELECTRIFY?
- What does ELECTRIFY do with the security deposits collected?
- What is the security deposit required?
- How is billing and charging done at ELECTRIFY.SG?
- Is it safe to pay for electricity online?
- How do I get three or more quotes through ELECTRIFY.SG’s platform?
- Why do I have a “Telephone Line Subscription” charged in my invoice?
- I suspect my electricity meter is faulty. What should I do?